Salary: £20,000 – £26,000/annum
Location: Kent (offices in Ashford)
Hours: Full time – 40 hours/week
Willow & Green LTD has an excellent yet challenging new position that encompasses all aspects of the funeral trade.
- Meeting clients in office to take funeral instructions.
- Completing documentation and arrangements for funerals (cremation and the interment of ashes) including liaising between ministers, families, doctors or hospitals.
- Maintaining both manual and computerised records of funerals.
- Invoicing clients and following up unpaid accounts.
- General office duties including answering telephone queries, correspondence and Sage accounts.
- Production of service sheets in Microsoft Word & Publisher.
- Conducting mourners during ceremonies.
- Removal of deceased from hospitals, nursing homes and private addresses during working hours.
- Driving hearse and limousines on funerals (full clean driving licence, ability to drive manual and automatic cars).
- Coffin finishing and Preparation of Deceased
- General duties as directed including cleaning vehicles and maintenance of properties (during quieter periods)
Flexibility: The funeral business can be very unpredictable, and the employee will be expected to adopt a very flexible approach to their work and may be expected to work overtime with little or no warning. Performance bonuses are awarded.
Own means of transport is essential.