Funeral DirectorBrandsoft | Nov 15, 2021 |
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Location: Ashford/Maidstone, Kent, UK.
Hours: Full time (38 hours/week) Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
At Willow & Green, we are proud to work in this unique industry. We succeed by helping people
through difficult times with compassion, respect, transparency, and care.
We offer a range of challenging and rewarding roles for caring individuals across the funeral
profession and we continually invest in our staff, assets and processes to ensure clients and their loved ones receive the highest standard of care.
Willow & Green Ltd is looking for a professional and compassionate individual to join our
collaborative and dedicated team as a Funeral Director. Our values: Professionalism, Compassion,
Respect & Knowledge.
What Will I Be Doing as A Funeral Director?
As a Funeral Director, you will be at the core of the business and the funerals we deliver. As a
Funeral Director, you will be responsible for delivering consistently high levels of client service to the deceased and their families, by regularly advising and making funeral arrangements, as well as, conducting the funerals according to client preferences.
Other duties will include:
- Arranging funerals according to Company guidelines ensuring that the full range of services is
offered, to address the needs of clients.
- Performance management of staff under your direction with an emphasis on the provision of
consistently high-quality client service.
- Carrying out branch visits where appropriate, checking housekeeping standards and actively
monitoring standards of service.
- Facilitate home arrangements and chapel visits out of hours and ensuring personal contact is made with the client at the earliest opportunity and oversee the funeral arrangements. This will involve interaction with the client before the funeral to discuss and confirm arrangements e.g., flowers, route etc.
- Liaising with our business partners.
What Do I Need?
- A Full UK Driving Licence.
- To be well presented and professional at all times.
- To be committed to delivering a funeral service at the highest of standards.
- To be physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy weights by following manual handling
- To be flexible and adaptable.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in the industry is highly advantageous (NAFD qualifications)
Willow and Green is an equal opportunity employer where we celebrate diversity across our
business. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees; therefore,
all our employment decisions are assessed based on qualifications, merit and business need.
What are the next steps?
To learn more about Willow and Green, please contact us via